Monday, August 4, 2008

Love, love, love...

Marmee is finished...



...and I love it! The collar took ages to finish and yet another ball of Patons Merino Deluxe, but it was worth the effort.



The darts give it a really good fit. While I was knitting I wasn't happy with the way the yarn knitted up, but after a wash and a good press everything is smoothing out nicely.



As I was finishing Marmee, I started my Ana hat in Fleece Artist Woolie Silk 3 ply. It's constructed like a fabric hat I love but which I can't wear as it's too tight. One long edge is pleated with the two short ends to bring everything together at the back of the neck. I don't want mine to look like a bandana as I want it to have more structure, so I might have to fiddle with the pleats.



But I'll have to put that aside while I knit up Michael's birthday vest knitted in Jade Sapphire 2 ply, which may well send me blind!



I've also got some Habu Textiles Cashmere for an art project I'm going to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment