Monday, July 28, 2008

Still knitting away...

Work on my Marmee cardigan is progressing well, although I'm not thrilled to be knitting with the Paton's Merino Delux. It is very splitty and my knitting is not as even as usual. I'm not sure if that is because I'm knitting on bamboo circulars for the first time. I've finished the back and fronts and one sleeve. Not much more to go.

I've been looking for sewing patterns and working on what will be next in my knitting queue. I've ordered some Naomi Ito sewing pattern books from Amazon Japan and I'm hoping I can decipher them. If not I'll send pages to my sister in Japan for translation!

The materials are so lovely, there is a large range at Purl Soho and a small range at Duckcloth. I can't exactly tell what all the books are, so it's going to be a bit of a lucky dip, but this is the one that started it all.

I've also ordered this kit, as I'm desperate for a warm winter hat, as well as a scarf, some mittens and a vest for Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment