Monday, July 21, 2008

What a week!

Two new finished objects!

First of all I've finished my Laurie/Hannah from Louisa Harding's Summer Classics! I love it! It has worked out perfectly and in the cold, wet weather in Melbourne at the moment, it's fabulous!



The yarn is Filatura Di Crosa Zara, shade 1757. I've already machine washed it and, as usual, it has come out beautifully soft and cosy.

Then in two evenings I knitted Michael's second Piper Hat from Jo Sharps Contemporary Knitting 1. Despite the usual construction problems from a rather poorly written pattern, it has come out exactly like the first...way too big for my head, but perfect for Michael's noggin!



The yarn is Jo Sharp Classic DK , shade Nasturtium 343. Again it has been washed and blocked ready for him to wear. So now I can put the other one in the wash!

I've cast on for my Marmee cardigan, again from Louisa Harding's Summer Classics in Patons Merino Deluxe DK on a circular bamboo needle as yet again I broke my casein needles ( I got through about one pair every two projects). I'm a loose knitter, I don't know what I do! It is progressing well and the fabric feels lovely. Leonie at Wool Baa has already knitted a project in this yarn and has started another.

No comments:

Post a Comment