Monday, July 14, 2008

..and sews...

...well sort of...

With much trepidation, I've been talked into sewing with some lovely material I bought with Miss Katie at Astratex in Richmond. Confronted with the pattern and the material, I got cold feet and I've ordered both Wendy Mullin's books from Amazon and now I'm waiting for them to arrive before I start cutting out the fabric. I might change my mind and make something from her book rather than the beautiful, but I've discovered much harder than it looks, Issey Miyake Vogue pattern I bought. Here's the material and the pattern, of course in my new favourite colour, purple!



The red/black mesh was to make the contrast panels and the back, but I think I might wait to see about making a Sew U top and skirt with the material...I've been getting my inspiration from the flickr built by us pool, so now I'll just have to sit and wait!

Work on my Laurie jumper was progressing well with one sleeve finished and sewn in until last night when I knitted most of the second sleeve before realising I'd forgotten the decreases before the underarm...oh well, at least I don't have to re-do the cuff! Michael is impatient for his second Piper hat, so I'll be working on that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment