Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Built by Wendy Dresses (and a coat)

Two work dresses I've been wearing to death and a coat drafted from the Sheath pattern in the dress book before the coat book came out, with the collar from the coat book. The faux fur was easy to work with, you just need to keep the vacuum cleaner handy! All material from Tessuti Melbourne.

First a cotton boat neck version of the deep impact dress with the skirt cut on the bias...the material was a remnant, about two metres.


Next up is a wool/cotton version of the sheath dress with a high waist tuck to stop it looking too much like a sack and a stand up collar. Used a bit more than two metres.


These are both work dresses for me and hilariously you can see me wearing this one in this video.

And my coat which I wore all winter, which took a bit more than two metre, plus a bit less than half a metre of faux fur. I didn't bother lining it as it's super warm and doesn't particularly itch on the wrong side.


No comments:

Post a Comment